OnePlus 5 is officially launched by OnePlus team today (June 20,2016) worldwide. There were numerous rumors and leaks floating around the web from last few weeks about it’s design, hardware specs and lot more. Today, in the event, they actually busted couple of rumors, but some one them turned out to be true.
We have created a list of 10 things that you should know about Oneplus 5 and one drawback which you might don’t know before buying this phone. We promise you that these details can make or break your decision.
So, let’s find out what’s good and what’s bad in this device?
First, the good things
- Dual Cameras – OnePlus 5 is carrying dual lens cameras, one is 20 mp and other is 16 mp.
- Camera Sensor – Sony Inx Sensor with Large f/1.7 aperture. This will make sure that your images look more crisp and clear.
- Dash Charge & Large Battery – Oneplus 5 comes with 3300 mAh battery which will be enough for most of us to run our phone for one full day. Company says that you can use your phone during “Dash Charge” and it will not heat-up the phone at all.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor – OnePlus 5 is powered with “Snapdragon – 835” processor which is bigger than most of the flagships in the market. For graphics, it has Adreno 540 GPU unit.
- Finger Print Sensor – OnePlus claims that it carries one of the fastest finger print sensors. The response time of the finger print sensor is just 0.2 seconds which is blazing fast.
- The Headphone Jack – Those wild guesses & rumors about OnePlus joining the no headphone jack league are proven wrong by OnePlus during the launch event. They simply said that the bluetooth is always there and you can use the wireless headphones whenever you like. So, the traditional 3.5 mm jack is included in the OnePlus 5.
- Type C Connector – Yes, it comes with type-c connector for faster data transfer and of-course for the dash-charge. This is where we believe that OnePlus did what is required.
- Available in 2 Colors – It is coming in 2 colors, one is Black and the other is Slate Grey. Both these colors look quite similar to iPhone 7 (aham..) but if you look closely on the black one, it is not glossy black. So, we are hoping that black one is not going to be a finger print magnet.
- The Price of OnePlus 5 – Once again, OnePlus just diminished all the rumors and so called leaks about the price of this phone. OnePlus 5 will cost $479 in USA which is around 30,000 to 32,000 in Indian rupees. We believe that this price is very competitive and it will surely disrupt the smartphone market after it’s release.
- Release Date in India – So when you will be able to get your hands on this amazing device? Well, you need not to wait for too long as Amazon India is launching OnePlus 5 on 22nd December at 2pm and it will be available for a purchase at 4:30pm on their Flash Sale page.
Don’t forget to register and enable notifications to grab your device because this will go out of stock in a flash.
Now, before you decide to buy this phone in the first flash sale itself, just hold your breathe and check one drawback which can either break your heart or make your mind.
The “Optical Image Stabilizer” in OnePlus 5 does not work properly when you try to shoot videos in just HD or less than that. So, basically if we want to shoot an instagram or facebook video, then it will come very shaky and you will not like it. To be clear, this is the hardware issue, not the software one (as of now) because as mentioned by OnePlus in an interview, they were not able to test its camera stabilization properly because of limited resources.
They somehow managed to do this in collaboration with Apple, but still this is a flaw which is still there in this device. So, now the ball is in your court, you can either consider this flaw as nothing and move on with your purchase or hold your horses and wait for the possible fix or statement from OnePlus.
In our opinion, this phone will compete with some flagship phones due to it’s specs which are very impressive. But, most of the buyers can not swallow this flaw and keep the distance from Oneplus 5 for now.
What you think about the overall specs and this flaw of OnePlus 5? Do let us know in the comments below.