As you all know that Reliance Jio is working on being the biggest mobile juggernaut of India. And, we can see that its efforts are already paying off. Reliance jio already took the second spot after airtel in terms of mobile data usage in India leaving behind the big companies like vodafone and idea. I mean, who would not like the 4g internet at much cheaper rates than other telecom providers of India. Although it is not confirmed yet, but I heard that reliance jio will provide 75gb of 4g internet in just 200 rupees a month when it will . Now, if I compare it with my current plan of Airtel 3g internet, the price and data plans of reliance jio is lot cheaper.
Although it is not confirmed yet, but I heard that reliance jio will provide 75gb of 4g internet in just 200 rupees a month when it will open the connections for everyone. Now, if I compare it with my current plan of Airtel 3g internet, the price and data plans of reliance jio is lot cheaper.
Before rolling out the 4g sim for everyone, reliance jio joined hands with Samsung and now they are giving a free jio sim to Samsung mobile customers. With this sim, you will get 3 months of FREE 4g internet, FREE unlimited calling and FREE roaming as well. Mouth-watering, isn’t it?
But, the important thing to note here is that this sim is available for only selected Samsung mobile users. In simple words, if you do not have a Samsung device which is 4g enabled, you will not be able to grab this free sim. But, we have a tried, tested and working trick which will get you a reliance jio sim from any android device.
How to get the Reliance Jio sim if you have a 4G enabled Samsung device?
It is very simple. Just download the app called “my jio” from google play and install it. When you open it, it will show you the option of “get a free sim” (as in the image below). Click on that button and it will give a unique code.
Get this code to the nearest Reliance outlet and you will get the free sim. You just need to carry your id proofs and one photograph.
Note: Some of the outlets are trying to charge 200-300 rupees for the sim (we tried it, and it’s true). So, do not give any amount to them, just try another outlet or complaint to reliance jio.
How to get the Reliance Jio sim if you do not have a 4G enabled Samsung device?
I have gone through many posts online and many people are trying to misguide the readers by telling them to install the app from playstore and then install all other reliance jio apps which are 10 in number and approximately 250mb in size and you will get the code. Even, if you do that, you will not be able to generate that code which will get you the 4g sim because the company already fixed that bug in their latest release.
The trick, which I tried and tested to generate the code on my MI4 device is as follows –
- Delete the myjio app or any jio app if you already installed it in your device.
- Run the cleaner app which you use on your Android device, so that it cleans the left over files of the jio apps.
- Now the main trick is to get the right myjio app which is the older app, not the latest one. Because, reliance has fixed the bug which was giving the sim code to every android customer. To get this app, just visit this link and download the APK of myjio app.
- Install the myjio app again with the help of that apk which you just downloaded. Open the app and start installing all the jio apps again. I know it’s kind of hectic, but it will pay off later.
Note: Do not update myjio app.
- Once you done that, quit all the apps and make sure that no app is running (including myjio app).
- Disconnect from the internet and open myjio app again. Now, it will say that the internet is not available, just continue and it will show you “get free sim” option. Again, showing in the image below.
- When you click on that option, it will say that the internet connection is not available. Keep the app running and enable your wifi or 3g internet.
- Voila, it will show you the generated code which you can use to get that reliance jio 4g sim.
Do not forget to take a screenshot of that code or save the image if you can. It is not necessary to take your phone to the reliance store, you can just show them the image and they will validate your code. After that, they will issue you a reliance jio sim. Another thing to remember before you head to the reliance store with your generated code is that we recommend you to take a printout of the photo id proofs you have because the store officials scan your proofs with a device and if they are not clear then the activation may fail. So, just make sure that your id proofs are perfect for scanning purposes.
Are you already using Reliance Jio Sim? If yes, then comment below and let us know about your experience in terms of internet speed and voice quality.